> Application Template  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Gaeowyn
post May 29 2006, 03:33 AM
Post #1

Teh pwn

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Before posting an application, please read some information about our guild in the Who are we? thread so you know what we're all about.
Also check the Classes and Requirements to see if you fit our needs at this time.

Copy and Paste the following into a new thread and fill in your answers. The application is our first impression of you. Take some time to think about your answers, but be honest. Do your best to make the application presentable, too. We have removed the Edit button for first-timer posters. Below you will find an example of what a good app looks like.
If you are having difficulty logging in to post, check that you registered on our forums and not our DKP site.

1a. Your Character's Name/Class/Level, and include any alts that we may need to contact you on

1b. Your RL First Name/Age/Sex

2a. We raid Tues at 8pm central and Sat-Sun 11am central. Can you attend all from start to finish on a regular basis?

2b. What other days and times are you available in case we have an impromptu raid?

3. List all previous cataclysm guilds and reasons for no longer being guilded. Include any server transfers.

4. Where did you hear about us, and do you know anyone in SoE that would vouch for your skill and reliability? Please ask their permission to list their names.

5. When did you start playing WoW and what is your total /played?

6. Tell us about your raiding experience since Classic WoW.

7. Everybody thinks they're a good player, and most are wrong. Describe in detail what makes it true in your case. Include information about how you raid, and how you prepare outside of raids. If your former guilds used WWS logs, post some links.

8. Will you be self-sufficient, come to raids prepared (we expect you to bring your own food, we'll cover the rest), and research bosses on your own time so that we can fit you in smoothly?

9. Do you agree that we are all just travelers on spaceship earth?

10. Please post an Armory link for your character.

11. What is your primary PvE talent spec? Are you willing to respec to benefit the guild whenever asked to, even if it hurts your own stats in order to boost everybody else's?

12. Do you enjoy PvP as an activity outside of raiding?

13. Briefly tell us what you can offer to our guild that makes you stand out from other apps.

14. Is your computer and internet connection reliable and not likely to lag or disconnect?

15. Do you have Ventrilo and a Microphone? Microphone is recommended for all classes, mandatory for key positions (tanks, healers, primary CCs)

16. Post a screenshot of your raiding UI (zone into AV, or use any other raid) so we can look at bindings and screen clutter. You can upload it to ImageShack or ImageDump or whatever host you prefer. Mandatory--we want to see what you see.

17. Have you taken the time to read the "Who Are We?" page and agree to adhere to what we are looking for as an app and future member?

Before posting your application, doublecheck our Class Requirements thread. If we do not have spots open for your class, you may be wasting your time and you may not receive any response to your app.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tarranus
post Aug 2 2008, 02:19 AM
Post #2

Teh pwn

Group: Shards of Existence Failure
Member No.: 353

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT A GOOD APP LOOKS LIKE
(Note: Template may have changed since the writing of this example)

1a. Your Character's Name/Class/Level, and include any alts that we may need to contact you on
Tarranus/Druid/80
You can find me on these alts: Arrantus, Terra, Garnett, Taranus, Tarrashock

1b. Your RL First Name/Age/Sex
John/20/M

2a. We raid Mon, Tues, Thurs 6:30-11pm central. Can you attend all from start to finish on a regular basis?
Yes I can. I may need a week transition period when school starts up to move in, but after that absolutely.
2b. What other days and times are you available incase we have an impromptu raid?
Saturday all day, Sunday before 7.

3. List all previous guilds and reasons for no longer being guilded. Include any server transfers.
I began on Illidan in a guild called Requiem Alliance which fell apart when I was level 40 because the GM left for DIE. I remained unguilded until level 50 at which point I joined Couer de la Mer to play with some friends. At 55 I left them on good terms to join Crusade which later merged into Warpath. After Warpath I went to GoW which I tried to resuscitate with a few friends until I finally joined SoE.

In my time I have been an officer in Requiem Alliance, Crusade, Warpath, GoW, and SoE.

4. Where did you hear about us, and do you know anyone in SoE that would vouch for your skill and reliability? Please ask their permission to list their names.
My good RL friend Roglundo was guilded with you and convinced me to join. Within SoE I think most of the guild can vouch for my skill and as far as my reliabilty is concerned I have always stayed through the hard times and have traditionally taken vacations when we are in the middle of good times. When I am here to raid I am here 110%.

5. When did you start playing WoW and what is your total /played?
I began at release and my total /played is higher than most people in SoE with few exceptions.

6. Which TBC raid bosses have you personally been involved in learning, and which have you completed with a guild that already farmed it?
I worked with SoE on each of it's guild first kills in BT/Hyjal. I also helped to lead the original B Team in Karazhan to prepare for 25 person raids. I am never carried through an encounter, if I make a mistake it's never repeated.

7. Everybody thinks they're a good player, and most are wrong. Describe in detail what makes it true in your case. Include information about how you raid, and how you prepare outside of raids. If your former guilds used WWS logs, post some links.
I am an avid theorycrafter. I know the math of my class in and out. This allows me to always be optimized as far as gear/spec/buffs are concerned. Before a raid I will have at least 40 food buffs available, at least 10 applications of wizard oil, and at least 2 flasks. I will always be stat capped.

In regards to how I know I am a good player I would have to chalk that to the druid class. Having been a MT, a healer, and a DPS I know very well how a raid works. I know when to push my luck with regards to taking damage because I know whether the healers could handle it, I also know to look out for loose mobs that get on healers from tanking. Overall I would say that I have above average raid-sense, in other words I know what is going on and am not one to wipe and just chalk it up to chance.

Click here for WWS
8. Will you be self-sufficient, come to raids prepared with all your consumeables, and research bosses on your own time so that we can fit you in smoothly?
Always

9. Do you agree that we are all just travelers on spaceship earth?
Yes, but with shades of grey

10a. Please post an Armory link for your character. If you occasionally log off in pvp gear, please also list your basic unbuffed stats (i.e. AP/SD/healing, crit %, hit%, mp5, etc.)
Click me for Tarranus wowarmory

10b. Do you have a shadow resist set for the Mother Shahraz fight? (ideally 290 unbuffed)
Yes I do

10c. Do you have 80 arcane resist unbuffed for Kalecgos? (violet badge trinket and cloak of arcane evasion will suffice)
Yes I do

11. What is your primary PvE talent spec? Are you willing to respec to benefit the guild whenever asked to, even if it hurts your own stats in order to boost everybody else's?
Balance. I am always willing to change roles, and in fact look forward to the opportunity to keep my senses sharp.

12. Do you enjoy PvP as an activity outside of raiding?
I do.

13. Briefly tell us what you can offer to our guild that makes you stand out from other apps.
To be simple, I offer a great player with a great attitude. I will make being a part of SoE fun and what's more I will make SoE progress. I truly believe that SoE is capable of great things, but for it to achieve those things responsible people with good attitudes and good skill need to come forward... I will be one of those people.

14. Is your computer and internet connection reliable and not likely to lag or disconnect during 25-man instance encounters?
I got a great rig and unless Illidan goes down, I won't.

15. Do you have Ventrilo and a Microphone? Microphone is recommended for all classes, mandatory for key positions (tanks, healers, primary CCs)
Yes I do.

16. Post a screenshot of your raiding UI (zone into AV) so we can look at bindings and screen clutter. (If you don't know how, please find out. There are many free sites you can upload a SS to.)

___________________________________________________________________V____________

Time spent to complete: 10 minutes 24 seconds.

+Quote Post
Kaoz
post Sep 18 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #3

Teh pwn

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Updated

+Quote Post
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic [2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users]
0 Members:

Board sponsored by; An old classic runescape community!
Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 07:30 AM
Skin created by No1 1000 / Sublime Development